OPENING DAY AT THE LAKE 2016
As the summer season is fast approaching we celebrate its beginning each year on the West Shore during Memorial Day Weekend with the Opening Day at the Lake annual event. Through deck opening parties at several restaurants, live music, scavenger hunts, BBQs, historic tours, and so much more, the West Shore is the place to be during your long weekend!
Lake Tahoe is ready and open for summer! Time to open up summer cabins, put the boats in the water and get a jump on summer activities. Pick up or download an ‘Opening Day Passport’ at a participating business/location and receive stamps at each participating business you visit. When your Passport is filled, turn it in for a prize.
Or pick up a Passport at the Tahoe City Visitor Information Center:
100 North Lake Blvd, Bottom floor.
Next to Fanny Bridge at the Wye in Tahoe City, CA 96145
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- Tahoe Maritime Museum Summer Launch Party/Exhibit on May 27
- Sunnyside's 29th Anniversary Deck Opening Party from 3pm - 6pm on May 27
- Spring Ito Summer Yoga Retreat at Granlibakken Tahoe
- Chambers Punches and Alfresco Dining at Chambers Landing
- Deck Opening at Bridgetender Tavern and Grill
- Tour Sugar Pine Point's Historic Ehrman Mansion or Vikingsholm in Emerald Bay
Also join us at Obexer's Pier on June 16th for the Seaplane Fly In. Lake Tahoe Music Festival begins August 16th at Sugar Pine Point State Park.
Ride your bike or take the bus! The Lake is Open for You!
SUMMERTIME ON THE WEST SHORE.
Summertime anywhere in Lake Tahoe is hard to beat; but summertime on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe is unbeatable. Whether your interests are hiking and biking through miles of beautiful trails, or relaxing on uncrowded beaches, the West Shore has something for everyone.
Hint: Spring/ Fall seasons are just as nice....but less crowded!