This exceptional wedding site is one of the grandest Old Tahoe mansions in existence. San Francisco banker Isaias W. Hellman commissioned architect Walter D. Bliss to design his 11,700 square foot summer home. Bliss also designed the famous Tahoe Tavern. The rustically elegant home, called Pine Lodge, was completed in 1903 and was considered to be one of the finest in the High Sierra. Hellman’s daughter, Florence Hellman Ehrman, inherited the estate and with her husband, Sidney, entertained family and guests here until 1964. In 1965, California State Parks acquired the property. Pine Lodge sits on a knoll with a commanding view of Lake Tahoe, and expansive lawns extend down to the lake and pier. Weddings for up to 200 take place lake side, and receptions for up to 125 take place in the garden, adjacent to the gazebo. Brides and attendants may use the Butler’s Cabin as a changing room. Fees collected for this venue support ongoing restoration of this grand estate, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
More information: www.parks.ca.gov